Fear is almost everywhere, all of us have it. The fear for a dentist is an example or some call it dental anxiety. While some of us are afraid to visit a clinic, our need for a dentist is inevitable.
There are several reasons why dental anxiety occurs.
- It is painful. While anaesthesia is there to make the area feel numb, we can still feel the pain
- Some dental tools are scary
- Afraid of needles. This is very common, a lot of us have fear for needles
- Hesitant due to the health of the teeth
But the good news is there are ways to battle the fear or anxieties. Overcoming these obstacles are necessary because as we mentioned earlier, our need for a dentist is inevitable.
- Choosing a great dentist is the key. At Gorgeous Smile Dental, Dr. Silvestre-Melo is known for her outstanding care for patients. Understanding each patients are her specialty that’s why the dentist and patients get along very well
- Bringing someone with you can also help ease the fear
- Keep in mind the importance of dental health to fight anxieties
- Be reminded that the dentist always thrive to make each procedure less-painful as possible
Those are just some of the solutions to dental fear or anxiety. So, fight those fears and visit us!